Pangasius farms are required to meet hygiene and veterinary conditions and to be in compliance with following Vietnamese regulations:
- Decision No. 130/2008/QD-BNN dated December 31, 2008 of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the Regulation on control of harmful substances residues in aquaculture fish and products thereof.
- Decision No. 70/2008/QD-BNN dated June 5, 2008 of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the Regulation on management of Tra rearing zones and establishments.
- The Circular No. 03/2011/TT-BNNPTNT dated January 21st 2011 regulating traceability and revoking aquatic products which fail to ensure food safety and hygiene.
Apart from the respect of master plan of farming zones, environment and food safety aspects as required by Vietnamese regulations, rearing zones and establishments have also applying international standards as required by client to ensure sustainable development with 4 criterias: food safety, environment responsibility, social responsibility and traceability. International standards include:
1. SQF 1000CM (Safe & Quality Food).
2. GLOBALG.A.P. (Global Good Agricultural Practice) www.globalgap.org
3. BAP (Best Aquaculture Practice).
4. ASC (Aquaculture Sustainable Certification www.asc.org
5. Some other standards, VietGAP.